Re: [Xen-devel] xHCI not waking up from D3 after S3 Resume on Ivybridge

On Mar 15, 2012, at 10:35 AM, Tom Goetz wrote:

> On Mar 14, 2012, at 1:46 PM, Tom Goetz wrote:

>>> Does the xHCI host work fine without Xen?  I.e. running Linux directly
>>> as the host OS, suspending, resuming, and then plugging in a device?
>>
>> It works in Ubuntu 12.04 Beta 1 with Linux 3.2.0. So it's either broken
>> between 3.2.0 and 3.2.5 or it's broken in Xen. I haven't made a direct
>> comparison yet. I'm putting Ubuntu on my SDP now to test that.
>
> xHCI wakes up from D3 on the SDP with Ubuntu 12.04 Beta 1 and 3.2.11. This
> fails with the same 3.2.11 kernel and Xen. So the problem is Xen related.

Another update.

On the Ivybridge laptop, xHCI is not waking up because when I plug a device
into a xHCI port the ACPI wakeup events are going to the e1000e. Pre S3, it
eventually gets a interrupt from the device that wakes it up. Post S3 it never
gets an interrupt from the device.

On the SDP, I get ACPI wake up calls for the xHCI before S3, but not after.
Both cases work with out Xen. I'm assuming Xen/PVOPs is leaving the device in a
state the causes the ACPI wake up events to be masked. Can you tell me what
what state that could be? I can look at decompiling the ASL to find out, but
that's not my first choice. Toggling the power policy (auto->on->auto) does not
fix delivery of ACPI wake up events for this device. I am still getting ACPI
wake ups for the e1000e, so it's not all wake ups that are blocked.

Thanks for any help.

-Tom