Re: [Xen-devel] odd configure warnings on ARM

2012/3/15 Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi Roger,
>
> I'm seeing:
> Â Â Â Âchecking for python version >= 2.3 ... yes
> Â Â Â Âconfigure: WARNING: Strange ldflag found in python-config output:
> -Xlinker
> Â Â Â Âconfigure: WARNING: Strange ldflag found in python-config output:
> -export-dynamic
> Â Â Â Âconfigure: WARNING: Strange ldflag found in python-config output:
> -Wl,-O1
> Â Â Â Âconfigure: WARNING: Strange ldflag found in python-config output:
> -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions
>
> This seems to be tools/m4/python_devel.m4. Is there any reason to print
> hte unknown flags?

Ian Jackson requested for this, as it was not originally part of my patch:

http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2012-03/msg00762.html

But I don't really think it's necessary/useful for the end user.

> I would guess that python-config could produce
> whatever is necessary for the platform and that the above are totally
> reasonable.
>
> At most this should be a message which ends up in config.log but not on
> stdout/err, is there a macro for that? If not I think the *) case should
> just be silent.
>
> What do you think?

Autoconf does not provide a macro to write to config.log only, but
there's a little trick:

http://ac-archive.sourceforge.net/doc/tricks.html

I'm going to change those messages so that they are only written to
config.log but not the screen.

Is the configure script working correctly under ARM? I haven't been
able to get my hands on any ARM board, but I have a rpi reserved that
I hope doesn't take long (I could also use Qemu I know...).