Re: [Xen-devel] Problems with xen 4.1.x + passthrough + pvonhvm

On Fri, 4 May 2012, Vinaya MS (MT2010166) wrote:
> Stefano Stabellini <stefano.stabellini <at> eu.citrix.com> writes:
>
> > Are you using xm or xl?
> I'm using xm.
>
> > Why do you say that CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_BACKEND is not working for you?
> modprobe pciback says fatal error.
> xen-pciback.hide does not hide pci device.

If I am not mistaken Ubuntu 11.04 comes with Linux 2.6.38 that is too
old to have CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_BACKEND: if you are using the default
Ubuntu 11.04 kernel as dom0 kernel CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_BACKEND is not
going to work.

> > Try assigning something that is not a graphic card, do you see the
> > device if you execute lspci?
> Nope. I get a error Error: Timed out waiting for device model action
>
> > Is it your primary graphic card?
> Yes it was a primary card.Now I inserted another card [quadro 570]
> which is acting as primary card.
>
> Now, i'm able to passthrough c2050 card. But on assigning them I get a msg
> Error: Timed out waiting for device model action

Could you please post QEMU's logs (/var/log/xen/qemu-dm-name*.log)?