Re: [Xen-devel] Problems with xen 4.1.x + passthrough + pvonhvm

If I am not mistaken Ubuntu 11.04 comes with Linux 2.6.38 that is too
old to have CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_BACKEND: if you are using the default
Ubuntu 11.04 kernel as dom0 kernel CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_BACKEND is not
going to work.

I'm not using default kernel. I have downloaded kernel 2.6.32.40 pv from
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/jeremy/xen.git;a=commit;h=2b494f184d3337d10d59226e3632af56ea66629a
and have followed http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenParavirtOps to configure
the kernel.

I had grub2 issue which I resolved by installing legacy grub.