[Xen-devel] ATI/AMD VGA passthru report

Hi,
I'm trying to run AMD VGA passthru on latest XEN unstable with latest kernel.
I already have working setup with ancient xen-devel 4.2 and 2.6.32.x xenified
kernel. See attached log.

So I tried just to update and patch xen and kernel, but I had no luck so far.

Xen has ati_vbios_patch_respin.txt sent to xen-devel by Wei Huang recently.
http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2012-04/msg00291.html

I tried two kernels
testing-3.5-with-extra and xen/next-3.2 from
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/konrad/xen.git
and
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jeremy/xen.git
Both with ioperm opcode patch which is required by the ATI patch. See
attachement.

The xen/next-3.2 branch kernel was able to start booting windows.
With Catalyst driver installed I just saw bluescreen during Windows boot.
Without Catalyst driver Windows were able to boot but Windows ended frozen or
USB was not working. It was hard to tell because input devices had no response
at all.

The testing-3.5-with-extra (reported as 3.4.0-rc4) just crashed dom0 kernel
during Windows boot. I guess I have to rework the io_bitmap patch somehow.
--
Pavel Mateja