Re: [Xen-devel] Workings/effectiveness of the xen-acpi-processor driver

On Sun, May 06, 2012 at 06:23:41PM +0300, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:

> > > I see. There is a kernel patch about enabling MWAIT that refers to that...
> >
> > Yeah, I should see about back-porting it in Xen 4.1..
> >

> Should this patch be backported and merged to xen-4.1-testing.hg for Xen
> 4.1.3 release ?

It is a new feature so no. Which does mean that the MWAIT states won't be
uploaded
to the hypervisor. But the legacy ones (so the ones that are in the ACPI _CST)
are still uploaded. And TurboMode kicks in without the MWAIT states.