Re: [Xen-devel] ATI/AMD VGA passthru report

On Tue 8. of May 2012 01:07:07 Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:

> > > When you say 'io_bitmap' patch are you referring to these ones:
> > >
> > > 70a357d xen: implement IO permission bitmap
> > > 0c596c5 x86/paravirt: paravirtualize IO permission bitmap
> > > 93b7a2a x86: demacro set_iopl_mask()
> > >
> > > ? I don't think those are in that tag. They are in the kitchensink -
> > > #testing
> > > - does it work with that branch?
> > >
> > > The next-3.2 is a bit old. I should actually delete it.
> >
> > Hi,
> > I mean this patch below.
> > I think it was originally here:
> > http://old-list-archives.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2009-05/msg01139
> > .html Then I was told by you to use devel/ioperm branch which I think
> > doesn't exist anymore:
> > http://old-list-archives.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2011-11/msg01213
> > .html
>
> It certainly does :-)
>
> > I'm too tired to test #testing branch now. I'll try it tomorrow after
> > some sleep.
>
> OK, take your time.

Hi again!
I did first tests with xen-unstable and the #testing kernel.

Windows showed blue screen during boot with xm toolstack.

But I had luck with xl. Windows booted succesfully so I ran the experience
index tests:
kernel: 2.6.32.57       #testing
CPU             7,4             7,4
RAM             7,4             5,5
Aero            7,1             7,1
Gr.card 7,1             7,1
Disk            7,3             7,5
I tried to run some games as well but the feeling is much worse compared to
older configuration. Like lags..

Are there some older branches which are supposed to work?

I tried xen-4.1.3-rc1 with #testing kernel but it just freezes after while
even with Dom0 running. Only sys-rq worked.

I have second slightly newer system too so I'll retest that one later.
--
Pavel Mateja