Re: [Xen-devel] Upstream Qemu Status (Was: Re: 4.2 TODO / Release Status)

On Tue, 8 May 2012, Ian Campbell wrote:
> Where are we with the following?
>
> I've not seen anything recently about PCI passthrough.

The last patch series that was sent is:

http://marc.info/?l=qemu-devel&m=133346733411606&w=2

it is still stuck waiting for reviews. Given that QEMU is in freeze for
the next release release now, I don't think anything is going to happen
in the next few weeks.
I could backport the patch series to the upstream QEMU tree that we use
with xen-unstable, but considering that we are in freeze ourselves and
that upstream QEMU is not used by default with HVM guests we
might as well wait for the beginning of the next release cycle.

> Is it still the case that save/restore is waiting on lib{c,l} patches
> and Remus is waiting for those? What's the hold up there?

The libxl save/restore patches haven't been applied yet.