Re: [Xen-devel] pt_iomul_init error

>>> On 28.06.12 at 02:27, Rolu <rolu@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> * Is there a way for pt_iomul_init or register_real_device to know
> that there isn't an IO multiplexer, so there is no point in trying to
> initialize it?

For that, it needs to look at the /dev entry. Its absence says that
there is no multiplexer (was never ported to pv-ops).

Perhaps a better thing to look into would be whether the code
paths later trying to use the multiplexer are conditional upon
something that can also be used to control its initialization (i.e.
see whether initialization can be avoided even if a multiplexer
exists, but isn't needed for a particular device).

> * Maybe a configuration file switch that defaults to off?

Sounds odd.

> * Reword the message so it doesn't claim there is an error? "You do
> not appear to have a PCI IO space multiplexer driver. Can't open file
> /dev/xen/pci_iomul: No such file or directory: 0x0:0x14.0x0"

This is an error if multiplexing is needed. Whether one can tell
from user space whether it is needed I don't know.

Jan