Re: [Xen-devel] 4.1.2 very slow without upstream patches, but fast with them, also 4.2 very slow

On 06/08/12 11:12, Peter Maloney wrote:
> my AMD FX-8150 system with vanilla source code is super slow, both the
> dom0 and domUs. However, after I merge the upstream patches I found in
> the openSUSE rpm, it runs normally.
>
> I tried 4.2-unstable and it was the same. There was no rc1 when I tested
> it about 1.5 weeks ago. And 4.2 has the same horrible performance, and
> obviously those patches won't work any more since the 4.2 code looks
> completely reorganized, so I'm stuck with 4.1.2
>
> Here is the rpm I was using at the time:
> http://download.opensuse.org/update/12.1/src/xen-4.1.2_16-1.7.1.src.rpm
>
> To see the list of the patches and what order to apply them, see the
> spec file.
>
> Please make sure this performance issue is fixed for the 4.2 release.
> And I would be happy to test whatever files you send me.

Without identifying which patch or patches make a difference for you,
there is very little we can do.  There are 406 patches in that spec
file.  Furthermore, from the file names, I would say that most of the
patches have been backported from unstable.

Andrew Cooper - Dom0 Kernel Engineer, Citrix XenServer
T: +44 (0)1223 225 900, http://www.citrix.com