Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.2 new features and status -- please help me make a list

>>> On 07.09.12 at 16:14, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> vMSI: ? Emulated (or real?) MSIs for guests?
>         State? New in 4.2?

Not sure what you're referring to here. There certainly was a
xen/arch/x86/hvm/vmsi.c in 4.1 already.

> vMCE: Forward MCE (Machine Check Exceptions) to guests
>         New in 4.2? Preview or complete? I know improvements are pending
>         to migration in 4.3.

Should be in reasonable state; certainly not a preview.

> AMD OSVW: What is this?
>         Seems to be new in 4.2?

OS Visible Workaround. A little bit of virtualization of this for
HVM guests got added. Nothing end user visible though.

> Intel HLE: What is this?
>         Seems to be new in 4.2?

Something like "Hardware Lock Elision".

I don't think there's any support for this, just white-listing the
feature for (HVM) guests.

> Intel TRM: What is this?
>         Seems to be new in 4.2?

"Restricted Transactional Memory"

Implementation-wise same as above.

> OVMF support for HVM guests.
>         New in 4.2, but disabled by default => Tech preview?

Wasn't it that this doesn't even build?

> vPMU: Power Management?
>         New in 4.2?

Enhanced iirc.