Re: [Xen-devel] Xen4.2 S3 regression?

Yes. Pvops PV dom0 kernel.

It is really more appropriate to start a new thread, than having 2 disparate conversations in this one. It makes it confusing to follow.

On Sep 26, 2012, at 10:15 AM, Javier Marcet <jmarcet@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 2:43 PM, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> Adding the additional call in xen/arch/x86/acpi/cpu_idle.c causes an
> >> instant reboot on resume.
> >
> > That addition can hardly be responsible for a reboot. Did you
>
> Just like I could perform a full cycle without issues, the instant
> reboot might as well be another way the race ends.
>
> > have "noreboot" (or "reboot=no") in place on the Xen command
> > line? "sync_console"?
>
> Neither of them. I have used the sync_console parameter to check
> whether it changed anything but I removed it afterwards.
>
> > And then again, for the other failure case, iirc it was the kernel
> > that died, not the hypervisor, so the problem there isn't directly
> > related to the problems here I would guess.
>
> All I know is that I'm using that same kernel without hypervisor, with
> lots of suspend/resume and not a single issue.
>
> With the two kernel patches from Konrad added I can also suspend and
> resume fine under the hypervisor but there is always a cpu which
> receives an irq while offline.

And that error you get - can you reproduce it without going to
suspend/resume? Meaning if you offline/online a VCPU in the
guest by manipulating the /sys/../cpuX/online attribute?

And actually - we should move that discussion to a completlty different
thread as it has nothing to do with the hypervisor. That is a PV kernel
issue.

Konrad, this is on a dom0 with no guest running.

--
Javier Marcet <jmarcet@xxxxxxxxx>