[Xen-devel] Xen 4.2.0, xl toolstack cant launch older domUs

Hi,

I just upgraded to Xen 4.2.0 and after some problems I got everything working except my older legacy domU's. I still have some old domU's ported from Xen 3.0.4 which are running Debian etch and kernel 2.6.16.33-xen. When I try to launch them with xl create I get the following error messages:

root@xen-2:/# xl create /etc/xen/lightning.cfg -c
Daemon running with PID 5453
libxl: error: libxl_dom.c:34:libxl__domain_type: unable to get domain type for domid=10
Unable to attach console
libxl: error: libxl_exec.c:118:libxl_report_child_exitstatus: console child [0] exited with error status 1

If I try to launch it without the -c parameter it seems to start but it actually goes into some kind of bootloop. /var/log/xen/xl-lightning.log is looping these error messages:

root@xen-2:/var/log/xen# cat xl-lightning.log
Waiting for domain lightning (domid 132) to die [pid 24083]
Domain 132 has shut down, reason code 3 0x3
Action for shutdown reason code 3 is restart
Domain 132 needs to be cleaned up: destroying the domain
Done. Rebooting now
Waiting for domain lightning (domid 134) to die [pid 24083]
Domain 134 has shut down, reason code 3 0x3
Action for shutdown reason code 3 is restart
Domain 134 needs to be cleaned up: destroying the domain
Done. Rebooting now

If I start xend and use xm create the domU will start up just fine with no problems.

- Valtteri