Re: [Xen-devel] pvusb with kernel 3.4 / 3.6

On 17 Oct 2012, at 17:41, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 03:50:25PM +0200, Alexandre Bezroutchko wrote:
On 10/17/2012 03:39 PM, Alexandre Bezroutchko wrote:
Thanks for the hint, found it, here it is:

http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_Development_Projects#Upstreaming_Xen_PVUSB_drivers_to_mainline_Linux_kernel

On 10/17/2012 02:11 PM, Pasi KÃrkkÃinen wrote:
On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 01:21:53PM +0200, Alexandre Bezroutchko wrote:
  Hi Nathanael,

  Is it possible to use your patch [1] on newer kernels? I've tried to use
  it but most devices are not usable and some cause kernel crash. Detailed
  description of an attempt on kernel 3.4 is at [2] and (somewhat less
  detailed) with 3.6 is at [3]. I'm motivated to make it work, any ideas
  what can be done to fix this issue? Please tell me if you need any
  additional info.

  I've added xen-devel and Pasi KÃrkkÃinen into Cc, hope this is ok.

I think Konrad has the pvusb drivers in his git tree..
Konrad's repo seems to contain the same patch [1] as published by
Nathanael. It does not work for me. I've put Konrad in Cc, hope he can
comment...

So how does it not work?

Here is my original question, please tell me what additional info you need.

-----------
pvusb with kernel 3.4 / 3.6

Hi Nathanael,

Is it possible to use your patch [1] on newer kernels? I've tried to use it
but most devices are not usable and some cause kernel crash. Detailed
description of an attempt on kernel 3.4 is at [2] and (somewhat less
detailed) with 3.6 is at [3]. I'm motivated to make it work, any ideas what
can be done to fix this issue? Please tell me if you need any additional
info.

I've added xen-devel and Pasi KÃrkkÃinen into Cc, hope this is ok.

Regards,
Alex

[1] http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2012-02/msg00571.html
[2] https://groups.google.com/d/msg/qubes-devel/4AKulABh2Jc/3IAf7f8lz2UJ