Re: [Xen-devel] Xen PVM: Strange lockups when running PostgreSQL load

On 18.10.2012 09:00, Jan Beulich wrote:
>> In each case, the event channels are masked (no surprise given the
>> conversation so far on this thread), and have no pending events.
>> Therefore, I believe we are looking at the same bug.
>
> That seems very unlikely (albeit not impossible) to me, given that
> the non-pvops kernel uses ticket locks while the pvops one doesn't.

True, if classic 2.6.32 actually meant non-pvops. In my memory that was the
version that first introduced them, so I assumed we talk about the same base.

The one I am looking at seems (as much info there is available right now, but I
try to get confirmation from reporters running a non-paravirt-spinlock kernel on
a production load) to be related directly to the paravirtualized spinlock
implementation for Xen.