[Xen-devel] How to get or measure the scheduled time of a VM accurately?

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: gavin <gbtux@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 23:44:01 +0800 (CST)
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 15:45:23 +0000

Hi,

I have some questions on the Xen credit scheduler.
In the Xen credit scheduler, a VM is scheduled to run a certain time. This time maybe last for 30ms or less if the VM was preempted. So how can I get this time of a VM accurately? In the source code (xen/common/sched_credit.c) file,  the method csched_schedule returns a task_slice. Can I use the task_slice.time as the accurate scheduled time of a VM?

I also want to know the accurate scheduled time of a VM in a period of time, such as 10 seconds. So, how can get it? Is there any useful tool can do this for me?

Looking forward to your reply. Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
Gavin