Re: [Xen-devel] Patches for v3.8

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 07:28:34 +0000
"Jan Beulich" <JBeulich@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> As said before - I don't think it is a good idea to push the kernel
> >> side changes into an official release when the hypervisor side ones
> >> didn't even get an initial review yet.
> >
> > On the xen patch side, I've refrshed my tree. I realized I had
> > undone the union of pv_domain and hvm_domain since I used fields
> > from both. I'm now redoing that to make that a union and add a
> > struct in hvm_domain for fields from pv_domain that are used by
> > PVH.
>
> Perhaps better to move out of the union just the shared fields?

Well, not sure which is better. Those fields are not many, and only used
by PVH and not HVM. So, for now I just put it part of hvm_vcpu.
That way it's less confusing and obvious to anyone reading the code or
debugging. BTW, earlier I meant pv/hvm_vcpu and not pv/hvm_domain. If
it makes struct size smaller I could create pv_pvh_vcpu {} and put
those fields there, but that involves lot of unnecessary code changes.

thanks
mukesh