Re: [Xen-devel] [VTPM v6 6/8] Add autoconf to stubdom

On Wed, 2012-12-05 at 14:32 +0000, Fioravante, Matthew E. wrote:
> AC_ARG_VAR just allows you to do CMAKE=foo ./configure. It also adds a
> message about the CMAKE variable when you do ./configure --help. I'm
> not convinced this half needs to be conditional.

Agreed.

> The line that does the conditional check is the following:
> AX_PATH_PROG_OR_FAIL_ARG([vtpm], [CMAKE], [cmake])
>
> AX_PATH_PROG_OR_FAIL_ARG is a new macro I added to path_or_fail.m4. It
> does the same thing as AX_PATH_PROG_OR_FAIL if the first argument (in
> this case "$vtpm") is equal to "y". If the argument is anything else
> it sets the variable (in this case CMAKE) to
> NAME_disabled_in_configure_script.

I see.

What I was expecting is that the default would be to build the vtpm
stuff if cmake was installed and to silently not do so if cmake wasn't.
If --enable-vtpm is given then it should of course fail noisily if cmake
isn't present.

> The result is that if someone tries to build vtpm after disabling it
> they will get a rather loud and obvious error message
> cmake-disabled-in-configure-script: command not found.

That sounds fine too.