Re: [Xen-devel] QEMU qcow2 snapshotting (was Xen 4.2.1 live migration with qemu device model)

Stefano,

--On 12 December 2012 13:04:04 +0000 Stefano Stabellini
<stefano.stabellini@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

QEMU supports both internal and external snapshots, but I think that the
internal ones are more interesting (snapshot saved within the qcow2
file), which ones are you using?

We currently use external snapshots + rebase. The rebase stuff has made external
snapshots far more usable particularly for CoW base images.

I shall try to have a look at this - but getting live migration working with the
device model is the top priority for us. I had a quick look this morning and
most of the changes are to the JSON library it seems!

--
Alex Bligh