Re: [Xen-devel] frame table setup for memory hotplug

>>> On 14.12.12 at 11:07, "Jiang, Yunhong" <yunhong.jiang@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> My colleagues helped me to test and seems it's working.

Thanks!

> A minor question is, with your patch, we will create all frame table for all
> potential memory range? That's a bit low efficient IMHO, because there will
> be large hole between address between pre-populated memory and the new added
> one.

No, we won't. The only thing we will fully populate is the super page
frame table (if enabled in the first place), which is better than not
populating its ranges covering hotplug memory at all (as was the
case before the patch); I'm certainly not against making this more
efficient, but that would imo need to be done by someone being
able to actually test the code paths needing modification.

Jan