Re: [Xen-devel] S3 resume issues

On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 12:28 PM, Ben Guthro <ben@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 12:08 PM, Jan Beulich <JBeulich@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> On 03.01.13 at 17:33, Ben Guthro <ben@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> OK, I've bisected this failure to the following changeset, and CC'ed the
> original author here.
> http://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb/?p=xen.git;a=commit;h=67a93c8da5b99374ec02dbbc
> 14a70e01ffdab20c
>
> I'll try reverting this at the tip of the stable-4.2 tree, and see if it
> makes a difference

Another thing for double checking this is really the one would be to
try booting with "no-mce".

Booting this changeset with no-mce makes the failure go away.

Unfortunately, doing the same at the stable-4.2 tip does not.
So - there must be some unintended side effect here, or there are multiple problems causing the same behavior.

I've spent the day bisecting, and questioning my results.

This seems to be timing related, as I seem to get different results if I suspend multiple times, or reboot and re-attempt with the same changeset.
Without a reliable way to determine "good" or "bad" for a given changeset, it makes bisecting across such a large number of changesets reasonably useless.

You have suggested storing some info in  CMOS data... how would I even go about doing that?
...and what would you suggest storing there?

/btg