Re: [Xen-devel] design questions: blktap & dom0-kernel/Xen binary compatibility

>>> On 04.02.13 at 18:45, Andreas Kinzler <ml-xen-devel@xxxxxx> wrote:
> a) is there some doc on binary compatibility between dom0-kernels and
> Xen/xen-tools? For example Xen 4.2.1 on my system does not work with
> xenified OpenSuse 12.2 kernel, while it seems to work with vanilla 3.7.
> I am interested in some kind of compatibility matrix having various
> kernels (pvops0, xenified, with versions) on one axis and Xen releases
> on the other axis. Also having some info about reasons for
> breakage-by-design would be helpful.

That's very odd, and clearly unintended (and certainly not the
case for me). But of course you'd need to be more specific to
understand what went wrong here.

Our kernels (unless re-compiled) may not work on older Xen
versions, but they're certainly intended to work on newer ones.

Jan