Re: [Xen-devel] IBM HS20 Xen 4.1 and 4.2 Critical Interrupt - Front panel NMI crash

On Wed, Feb 06, 2013 at 07:58:56AM +0000, Jan Beulich wrote:
> > Arrfab (CC'd) is actually seeing a similar problem on IBM HS20 blade with
> > Xen 4.2.1
> > with Linux 3.4.28 dom0 kernel.
> >
> > Does this ring anyone's bells?
> >

> > serial console log of the crash
>
> Which doesn't even include the message in the subject afaics, so I
> don't even know what you're talking about. And the other, earlier
> report has no useful information either.
>
> From an abstract perspective, a front panel NMI to me would mean
> someone pressed an NMI button on the system's front panel. You
> don't think Xen can do anything about this, do you? And even if
> the NMI has another origin, it's still a hardware generated event
> that Xen has no control over.

Arrfab said Xen crashes and reboots in the middle of the boot process,
and the blade chassis management logs the NMI error. The user is not pressing
(NMI) buttons.

The serial log included is everything he gets. No error visible in the serial
log,
only a crash/reboot without any errors.. No idea what could be causing that..

The same Dom0 kernel (pvops 3.4.28) boots OK on baremetal without Xen.

Do you have any Xen and/or dom0 kernel options to use to do further analysis?

-- Pasi