[Xen-devel] Question about PoD and Transcendent Memory for HVM

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Kai Luo <luokain@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 10:30:05 +0800
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 02:32:03 +0000

Hi:
      I am working at the source code of Xen 4.1.3 and have two questions that confused me.
      I remembered a mail of XCP-mail-list which said when a hvm is created,xen allocate all memory it requests,which can guarantee the stability and Qos or something.However,when I come into the part of memory source code,I tind the existance of PoD,which can adjust memory dynamically,so I want to make sure whether the mechanism of memory management between XCP and Xen is differrent,Xen can adjust the memory size of HVM dynamically instead of a fixed memory size,am I right?
      I know the Transcendent Memory is a better techniche of memory reuse,is it used in xen for HVM now?
      Thank you for your answering!
Jeap