Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.2.1, linux kernel 3.7.5 crashed while reboot

>>> On 26.02.13 at 23:01, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The thing is is that native_machine_emergency_restart is not suppose
> to be called. The baremetal machine_ops has that, but we over-write
> it with our own and he should get:
>
>          .emergency_restart = xen_emergency_restart,
>
> ! So how did his .emergency_restart value get over-written by
> native_machine_emergency_restart?

Indeed. So perhaps the -hardened tag indicates some patching
having gone on that we're unaware of. Michal - without knowing
what your kernel does, I don't think we can really help. And
please remember that this is xen-devel, not xen-users, so we
expect you to be able to do at least a minimal share of the work
needed to find out what is going on. First step would probably
be to try plain 3.7.5 (or subsequent 3.7.x).

Jan