Re: [Xen-devel] Moving xen*.hg to git

On Fri, 2013-03-01 at 11:49 +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> William Dauchy writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] Moving xen*.hg to git"):
> > On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 6:08 PM, Ian Jackson <Ian.Jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > wrote:
> > > The new git tree will be this one:
> > >   http://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb/?p=xen.git
> > >   git://xenbits.xen.org/xen.git
> >
> > Is there a http access to clone the tree? (mostly to be able to
> > checkout the code behind a http proxy)
>
> I'm afraid there isn't at present.

git://xenbits.xen.org/staging/qemu-xen-unstable.git becomes
http://xenbits.xen.org/git-http/staging/qemu-xen-unstable.git

But git://xenbits.xen.org/xen.git =>
http://xenbits.xen.org/git-http/xen.git fails with:

        fatal: http://xenbits.xen.org/git-http/xen.git/info/refs not found: did
you run git update-server-info on the server?

I added the symlink on xenbits and it seems to work now. Following the
pattern I saw in qemu-xen-unstable.git I also added a post-update hook
to call update-server-info (by renaming the post-update.sample which
does exactly this).

I also changed /etc/gitweb.conf:
-@git_base_url_list = qw(git://xenbits.xen.org);
+@git_base_url_list = qw(git://xenbits.xen.org http://xenbits.xen.org/git-http);

which makes the http URLs appear on the webterface.

Lastly I added a few words to
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki?title=Xen_Repositories

Ian.