Re: [Xen-devel] Test report for xen-unstable and qemu-xen

On Wed, May 08, 2013 at 04:46:15PM +0200, Fabio Fantoni wrote:
> Added some patches:
> - tools-configure-qemu-for-spice-and-usbredir

So extra patches are still needed for Xen 4.3.0-rc1 qemu makefiles
to build with spice-support enabled?

> - tools-firmware-seabios-packaged

What's this patch, what does it change?

> - tools: Improve make deb

Is this needed in upstream Xen?

> - vgabios-stdvga.bin custom build from Frediano

What are the vgabios changes here? Why do you need them?

> - qemu-xen change for support other resolutions:
> hw/vga.c:
>     - if ((val <= VBE_DISPI_MAX_XRES) && ((val & 7) == 0)) {
>     + if ((val <= VBE_DISPI_MAX_XRES) && ((val & 1) == 0)) {

Hmm.. has this been submitted for inclusion in qemu-xen ?

> -------------------------
> New issue:
> - nested hvm probably bugged: started test it on windows 7 pro 64
> domU on qemu-xen,
>   xpmode crash on install without show any error, nor error on logs
> even if havdetection
>   completes  with success
> -------------

George: Should we track this nested hvm issue on the Xen 4.3 status emails?

> -------------------------
> Old issue:
> - Network is not working after restore on Windows domU with qemu-xen
> and gplpv
>   Workaround: fixed mac address since it changes after each restore

And also this one?

> - Unable to get QXL vga working correctly (probably need hvmloader
> changes/fixes)

And probably this one too.. is anyone currently looking at fixing hvmloader
to work with QXL ? (or whatever is causing the problem here..)

-- Pasi