Re: [Xen-devel] Test report for xen-unstable and qemu-xen

Il 09/05/2013 14:15, Pasi Kärkkäinen ha scritto:
On Wed, May 08, 2013 at 04:46:15PM +0200, Fabio Fantoni wrote:
Added some patches:
- tools-configure-qemu-for-spice-and-usbredir

So extra patches are still needed for Xen 4.3.0-rc1 qemu makefiles
to build with spice-support enabled?
I did and posted the patch about one year ago but all versions was rejected

- tools-firmware-seabios-packaged

What's this patch, what does it change?
Is to use debian package.
About upstream is needed to adding options on configure in order to use seabios and qemu upstream from distribution packages instead of building them. I did fast check time ago without success. I don't know how to do it with configure parameters and qemu build (on libxl I not found exactly how to point an external binary package).

- tools: Improve make deb

Is this needed in upstream Xen?
I thing is very useful, it helps me to save a lot of time onhundreds of tests build that I've done. I think that now without this make debball is unusable, I think that atleast these parts must be applied:
- Remove version from installed package name for correct update
- Add conffiles to manage main config files on package update

I already posted it but rejected :(
http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2013-02/msg02483.html

- vgabios-stdvga.bin custom build from Frediano

What are the vgabios changes here? Why do you need them?
For support some rosolution (for example the 1366x768, for now are supported only by qxl but qxl is not working for now)

- qemu-xen change for support other resolutions:
hw/vga.c:
     - if ((val <= VBE_DISPI_MAX_XRES) && ((val & 7) == 0)) {
     + if ((val <= VBE_DISPI_MAX_XRES) && ((val & 1) == 0)) {

Hmm.. has this been submitted for inclusion in qemu-xen ?
Frediano posted it on qemu-devel time ago but it was not added for now.

-------------------------
New issue:
- nested hvm probably bugged: started test it on windows 7 pro 64
domU on qemu-xen,
   xpmode crash on install without show any error, nor error on logs
even if havdetection
   completes  with success
-------------

George: Should we track this nested hvm issue on the Xen 4.3 status emails?

-------------------------
Old issue:
- Network is not working after restore on Windows domU with qemu-xen
and gplpv
   Workaround: fixed mac address since it changes after each restore

And also this one?

- Unable to get QXL vga working correctly (probably need hvmloader
changes/fixes)

And probably this one too.. is anyone currently looking at fixing hvmloader
to work with QXL ? (or whatever is causing the problem here..)

I tried to solve it for more than one year without result, someone more than one year ago did patch to xl and qemu to solve 2 videoram bugs but recently nothing even if I continued to posted many times about.

-- Pasi