Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.3 development update

>>> On 10.05.13 at 12:54, George Dunlap <George.Dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Jan, what kinds of guest OSes does SuSE officially support running on
> Xen?

Many kinds of Windows, our own and RH's Linux.

>  Since you're keen on moving forward, it seems like it should
> really be your responsibility to make sure that things are tested;

One can certainly view it that way, but I personally don't think
these two aspects are really that closely connected.

Furthermore, considering the many fixes that went in for this code,
I do think that this really just happened to work on an empirical
basis. No-one seems to have cared much to get this code reasonably
close to matching the specification of the emulated device, and
hence the code was always set up to break for some new kind of
guest.

> if
> you could arrange for SuSE to do testing of a variety of different
> OSes, that would be ideal.

I'm afraid there traditionally has been very little testing happening
with the -unstable versions here, and with the number of people
actually doing anything testing related only having shrunk over
time, I don't think that'll improve (read: I don't see anyone here
doing any 4.3 testing prior to it getting merged into the next
product version, and half way meaningful amounts of testing
would only start happening once the next enterprise version picks
up 4.3). And as far as I'm personally concerned, I'm glad if I can
keep up with all the code streams I have to maintain - there's just
no room for doing more than the brief day to day testing.

Jan