Re: [Xen-devel] Cannot create mini-os guest for arm64

On Thu, 2013-05-16 at 23:34 +0800, Chen Baozi wrote:
> On May 16, 2013, at 10:41 PM, Ian Campbell <ian.campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2013-05-16 at 17:49 +0800, Chen Baozi wrote:
> >> Hi Ian,
> >>
> >> I've done the basic interfaces/framework to pass mini-os build on arm64,
> >> which still needs lots of implementation to work properly.
> >>
> >> Then I tried to create the mini-os guest for arm64 on Fast Model
> >> environment
> >> to drive the following porting. (I know it must not work at present, but it
> >> would give some feedback through the test.) However, when I tried to "xl
> >> create" the mini-os, it reported the following errors:
> >
> > There are some issues with loading guests from ELF (rather than zImage)
> > kernels on ARM.
> Is it possible because of there is no arm64 "guest_type" of
> xc_dom_arch struct? I can only find "den-3.0-armv7l" guest_type
> related codes in libxc files.

Oh, yes, we haven't done arm64 guests yet... Sorry I forgot about this
before. Hrm, that does rather block you from doing arm64 mini-os.

I posted a series to allow 64-bit dom0 a while back but we are currently
frozen so it has been committed, but that's the obvious starting point
for 64-bit guest support.

I don't recall why you are looking at 64-bit minios rather than 32-bit,
is that an option? A lot of the code should end up common.

Ian.