Re: [Xen-devel] HVM Migration of domU on Qemu-upstream DM causes stuck system clock with ACPI

Hello,

>On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 11:38:45PM +0100, Alex Bligh wrote:
>> Konrad,
>>
>> --On 20 May 2013 15:28:52 -0400 Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk
>> <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> >It was actually David (CC-ing him here). Alex, when you boot the hosts,
>> >are the RTC times the same? (date?)
>>
>> I believe they boot with ntpdate and run ntp, so the wallclock times are
>> the same. I haven't specifically checked the CMOS clock times if that's
>> what you meant - I'm not even sure how one does that - but I believe
>> ntp writes to the CMOS RTC these days.

>11 minutes after ntpd has started.

I have checked our machines and they aren't running ntpd, but they were
synchronised with ntpdate. The date command showed the wallclock was in sync
and clock -r showed the rtc was also in sync. Both cases have a delay of at
most 1 second.

I ran my tests again to ensure they are still in sync, which they are.

--
Diana Crisan