Re: [Xen-devel] Early ACPI events prevent subsequent ACPI functionality on xen 4.3 + HVM domU

On Tue, 2013-05-21 at 15:34 +0100, George Dunlap wrote:
> On 05/21/2013 03:20 PM, Ian Campbell wrote:
> > On Tue, 2013-05-21 at 15:16 +0100, George Dunlap wrote:
> >> And will the Citrix PV drivers check for the existence of
> >> shutdown commands before they start a watch?
> >
> > Watches fire immediately when you register them, to allow this race to
> > be easily avoided without really having to think about it.
>
> Well then that watch mechanism is broken,

The firing happens in xenstored, and that certainly works everywhere
else, or all sorts of things would be broken.

That's not to say there isn't a problem with e.g. the kernels watch
event handling causing the watch which is fired to not get as far as the
appropriate handler.