Re: [Xen-devel] [Xen-users] xen forum

On Tue, 2013-05-21 at 16:04 +0100, Ian Murray wrote:

> >It would be easier for us if the bug reports and such were posted on
> >xen-devel.
> >Please consult http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html when
> >doing it.
> >

> My own experience is that posts (at least from me) are regularly
> missed/ignored on the devel list, including a signed patch,

Do you have a link to that patch? As explained in the submission
guidelines http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Submitting_Xen_Patches things do
fall through the gaps but it is the submitters responsibility to ping
and resend as necessary.

>  so I personally think a bug tracker would be a better option. Bug
> trackers don't (or at least shouldn't :) ) forget or miss.

That's irrelevant unless the people you are trying to communicate with
are regularly checking the BTS, which they are not.

Why would you expect to be more assured of a reply to your mails if a
bug tracker had automatically logged them?

>  That's they're raison d'etre. I honestly don't know how anyone can do
> business using this list, but that's just my humble opinion.

List policy includes retaining copies to people, so you don't need to
subscribe to send a bug report to the list.

Ian.