Re: [Xen-devel] Early ACPI events prevent subsequent ACPI functionality on xen 4.3 + HVM domU

On 05/21/2013 04:17 PM, Alex Bligh wrote:

--On 21 May 2013 15:34:34 +0100 George Dunlap
<george.dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

But the problem actually has nothing to do with ACPI -- it's the PV
shutdown command that is getting lost after the driver registers
HVM_PARAM_CALLBACK_IRQ but before something else comes up that starts
watching ../control/shutdown.

I'm puzzled as to why you say that as the problem does not appear
without ACPI in the xl.conf file.

I can still get the same effect -- the only difference for me seems to be that the "window" in which I can send a shutdown with no effect it is shorter. Maybe ACPI causes the extra few seconds at boot which makes it more likely you're going to hit it?

 -George