Re: [Xen-devel] Overview of the Xen programme

On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 2:44 AM, Jie Ping Quek <surfer197@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi
>    Is there any site that provide the whole flow of the xen source code and
> how it works in term of the source code?

Unfortunately not.  There is a book about Xen below.  It's now a bit
dated, but it might give you an idea what's going on at a high level:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Definitive-Guide-Xen-Hypervisor/dp/013234971X/

I mainly use grep and gtags when I'm finding my way around a new piece
of software.  Here is a rune that I've found particularly useful:

find . -name "*.[cSh]" | xargs grep -H [whatever]

  -George

P.S. If you do get the book, don't try to implement the example
scheduler.  For one, the code in the book is buggy and doesn't work.
For two, schedulers are one of the most difficult parts of the system
to debug, so it's not a good place to start. :-)