Re: [Xen-devel] I want to add a Xen driver and it doesn't look completely trivial given the current driver architecture - any advice?

On ven, 2013-05-24 at 10:55 +0100, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Fri, 2013-05-24 at 15:21 +0530, Pankaj Biswas wrote:
>
> Please don't top-post and please don't post HTML emails to the list,
> plain text only please.
>
> > A good first task might be to write a "Xen driver" which can work out
> > it is on Xen and use the topology hypercalls to gain the same
> > information.
>
> You can use libxenctrl to make the Xen topology hypercalls. You do not
> need a special driver.

Indeed, and that is available on top of libxl too (in case it is easier
to use). Just look at output_topologyinfo() and output_numainfo() in
tools/libxl/xl_cmdimpl.c .

This might not be the complete set of information you need, but that's
all we have for now. Let us/me know whether there is something that you
think is missing, and we'll see whether and how to put it together. :-)

> > So trying and geting hwloc working under Xen will solve this purpose.
> > Can you please guide me here?
>
> I have no idea what hwloc requires.

Me neither, sorry. :-(

Dario