Re: [Xen-devel] HVM Migration of domU on Qemu-upstream DM causes stuck system clock with ACPI

On 30/05/13 16:26, George Dunlap wrote:
On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 4:06 PM, Diana Crisan <dcrisan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

On 26/05/13 09:38, Ian Campbell wrote:
On Sat, 2013-05-25 at 11:18 +0100, Alex Bligh wrote:
George,

--On 24 May 2013 17:16:07 +0100 George Dunlap
<George.Dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

FWIW it's reproducible on every host h/w platform we've tried
(a total of 2).
Do you see the same effects if you do a local-host migrate?
I hadn't even realised that was possible. That would have made testing
live
migrate easier!
That's basically the whole reason it is supported ;-)

How do you avoid the name clash in xen-store?
Most toolstacks receive the incoming migration into a domain named
FOO-incoming or some such and then rename to FOO upon completion. Some
also rename the outgoing domain "FOO-migratedaway" towards the end so
that the bits of the final teardown which can safely happen after the
target have start can be done so.

Ian.

I am unsure what I am doing wrong, but I cannot seem to be able to do a
localhost migrate.

I created a domU using "xl create xl.conf" and once it fully booted I issued
an "xl migrate 11 localhost". This fails and gives the output below.

Would you please advise on how to get this working?

Thanks,
Diana

root@ubuntu:~# xl migrate 11 localhost
root@localhost's password:
migration target: Ready to receive domain.
Saving to migration stream new xl format (info 0x0/0x0/2344)
0x0/0x0/2344)
  Savefile contains xl domain config
xc: progress: Reloading memory pages: 53248/1048575    5%
xc: progress: Reloading memory pages: 105472/1048575   10%
libxl: error: libxl_dm.c:1280:device_model_spawn_outcome: domain 12 device
model: spawn failed (rc=-3)
libxl: error: libxl_create.c:1091:domcreate_devmodel_started: device model
did not start: -3
libxl: error: libxl_dm.c:1311:libxl__destroy_device_model: Device Model
already exited
migration target: Domain creation failed (code -3).
libxl: error: libxl_utils.c:393:libxl_read_exactly: file/stream truncated
reading ready message from migration receiver stream
libxl: info: libxl_exec.c:118:libxl_report_child_exitstatus: migration
target process [10934] exited with error status 3
Migration failed, resuming at sender.
xc: error: Cannot resume uncooperative HVM guests: Internal error
libxl: error: libxl.c:404:libxl__domain_resume: xc_domain_resume failed for
domain 11: Success
Aha -- I managed to reproduce this one as well.

Your problem is the "vncunused=0" -- that's instructing qemu "You must
use this exact port for the vnc server".  But when you do the migrate,
that port is still in use by the "from" domain; so the qemu for the
"to" domain can't get it, and fails.

Obviously this should fail a lot more gracefully, but that's a bit of
a lower-priority bug I think.

  -George
Yes, I managed to get to the bottom of it too and got vms migrating on localhost on our end.

I can confirm I did get the clock stuck problem while doing a localhost migrate.

--
Diana