Re: [Xen-devel] Issues with Intel HD graphics 4000

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 09:04:31AM +0200, Dietmar Hahn wrote:
> Am Freitag 14 Juni 2013, 20:30:25 schrieb Andrew Bobulsky:
> > On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 3:46 PM, Joshua Tuttle <jtuttle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > > Are there any known issues with the Intelâs integrated HD graphics 4000? I
> > > just bought a new laptop and have tried everything I can think of to get
> > > Xen
> > > to load. After choosing Xen in GRUB, it just boots to a black screen.
> > > There
> > > is no error message , no dmesg output, nothing. I have no idea what is
> > > causing this problem. Iâve gotten Xen to install with no problems on
> > > another
> > > machine that has an nvidia geforce 210. Iâve tried different boot
> > > parameters
> > > as well to try and default to the linux vga driver instead of trying to
> > > use
> > > the intel one. My linux debian distro, has no problem booting though.
>
> Can you add the iommu=off on the Xen command line.
> Maybe it's a similar problem I had with newer linux kernels:
> http://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2013-05/msg01480.html

Hey Dietmar,

Did you ever test the extra change for the debug patch?

http://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2013-05/msg02051.html
"
I tried both but none helped. I think it couldn't be expected as the first
> patch handles an error case and the line with the second patch,
> the call of pci_dma_sync_single_for_device(), gets not reached.

OK, perhaps move the pci_dma_sync_single_for_device in the while loop?

" ?