Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.3 released!

On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 9:01 AM, George Dunlap
<George.Dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The Xen Project team is pleased to announce the release of Xen 4.3.
>
> The result of nearly 10 of development, new features include:
>  * Early support for ARM 32- and 64-bit architectures
>  * qemu-upstream is now the default for VMs not using stub domains.
>  * openvswitch hot-plug script support.
>  * NUMA affinity for the scheduler
>  * xl can now accept several USB devices, rather than only one.
>  * XSM improvements.  XSM can now override all IS_PRIV checks in the
> hypervisor.
>  * As always, a number of stability, performance, and security
> enhancements "under the hood".
>
> Detailed release notes, including a more extensive feature list:
>   http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_4.3_Release_Notes
>
> To download tarballs:
>
> http://www.xenproject.org/downloads/xen-archives/supported-xen-43-series/xen-430.html
> Or the git source repository (tag 'RELEASE-4.3.0'):
>   http://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb/?p=xen.git

Hi George,

Thanks for all the effort in coordinating this release.

Generally, I prefer to wait until things clear the necessary gates to
get out of the staging-4.3 (or whatever staging tree) before rebasing
our XenClient patches on top of it, as it usually means it passed some
level of automated testing through osstest.

In this case, the staging-4.3 tree is where the RELEASE-4.3.0 tag
exists, but the stable-4.3 tag seems to be a handful of changesets
behind, despite being released a couple days ago.

Could you, or others comment on this discrepancy?
Is the fact that the stable-4.3 tree is lagging behind the staging-4.3
branch an oversight, or has it not passed some push gate?

Thanks again

Ben