Re: [Xen-devel] [help] How to install xen with my own kernel on grub2?

Yes! I have fixed this and thank you all the same.
Now the problems come to xend start:

xc: error: Could not obtain handle on privileged command interface (2 = No such file or directory): Internal error
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/sbin/xend", line 36, in <module>
    from xen.xend.server import SrvDaemon
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/xen/xend/server/SrvDaemon.py", line 26, in <module>
    import relocate
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/xen/xend/server/relocate.py", line 28, in <module>
    from xen.xend import XendDomain
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/xen/xend/XendDomain.py", line 36, in <module>
    from xen.xend import XendOptions, XendCheckpoint, XendDomainInfo
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/xen/xend/XendCheckpoint.py", line 20, in <module>
    from xen.xend import balloon, sxp, image
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/xen/xend/image.py", line 46, in <module>
    xc = xen.lowlevel.xc.xc()
xen.lowlevel.xc.Error: (1, 'Internal error', 'xc_interface_open failed: No such file or directory')

google says that /proc/xen should mount to xenfs, while I see no.
I'm still searching the solution :(

why so many errors come out in Fedora?
By the way, what kind of OS do you suggest in Xen development?
I give up CentOS because it's too hard to find a suitable package when trying to install software. And the gcc version is also too low.

On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 12:57 AM, Wei Liu <wei.liu2@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, Jul 13, 2013 at 09:35:45PM +0800, Li Yechen wrote:
> Hi Meng,
>
> > Grub2 script checks the Xen options of each Linux kernel's configuration
> > file under /boot. If no such config, it won't create the relative entry.
> > You can have a look at the 20_linux_xen script under /etc/grub.d/ to get
> > more details.
>

> Thank you very for your advice!  I does not find the config as you said.
> Anyway I write a menuentry manually and now it seems to work.
>
> but then when I try to start xend, an error come out as:
>
>   File "/usr/sbin/xend", line 36, in <module>
>     from xen.xend.server import SrvDaemon
>   File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/xen/xend/server/SrvDaemon.py",
> line 20, in <module>
>     import xen.lowlevel.xc
> ImportError: libxenctrl.so.4.2: cannot open shared object file: No such
> file or directory
>
> I think my steps to install xen is right. Google says that it's something
> wrong with lib64.
>
> I never meet this error before in CentOS. Do you have any ideas?

You probably need to edit /etc/ld.so.conf and  run 'ldconfig' to tell
the dynamic linker to pick up the newer installed libraries.

Wei.