Re: [Xen-devel] Where is the struct libxl__event_list

On dom, 2013-07-28 at 20:54 +0800, yvxiang wrote:
> Hi, Dario:

Hi,

>      I try to apply your patch of  "libxl: introduce
> libxl_domain_move_memory"  to xen-4.1.2. But a problem comes : the
> complier informs me that :"libxl_internal.h:437:5: error: unknown type
> name 'libxl__event_list' "  I have look for the whole project but
> still can't find the defination of this struct. Could you tell me why?

Well, two things:

 - the patch series was experimental. It does (did) something, but was
   not feature complete nor fully working. This should not prevent you
   from trying to apply, use, and improve it, but I thought I was just
   mentioning this, in case you missed. I'm still working on that
   feature, and will release an updated series soon.

 - in general, but even more in this particular case (because of the
   above), and as Ian already said, it's meant for the tip of the
   development branch at the time it was submitted. I've never tried
   myself, and not consider worth, backporting that series to anything
   else than that, so I've no idea what the issues of trying to do it
   could be, sorry.

On the other hand, in case you're interested in the feature, want to
give your view on the design/approach, want to help the development, or
anything like that, just say so, and we'll see how we can handle it. :-D

Regards,
Dario