Re: [Xen-devel] Xen blktap driver for Ceph RBD : Anybody wants to test ? :p

> Yes the procedure didn't change.
>
> If you're on debian I could also sent your prebuilt .deb for blktap
> and for a patched xen version that includes userspace RBD support.

It's working great so far. I just pulled the source and built it then copied
blktap in.

For some reason I already had a tapdisk in /usr/sbin, as well as the one in
/usr/bin, which confused the issue for a while. I must have installed something
manually but I don't remember what.

Xen also includes tap-ctl:

blktap-utils: /usr/sbin/tap-ctl
xen-utils-4.1: /usr/lib/xen-4.1/bin/tap-ctl

and I removed the one from xen and linked it to the one in /usr/sbin. I did
that before I found the other tapdisk in /usr/sbin so I'm not sure if that step
was necessary.

Any chance this will be rolled into the main blktap sources?

> If you have any issue, I can be found on ceph's IRC under 'tnt' nick.

Even though I have been on the internet since 94, I never got the hang of
IRC... always found the stream of information a little overwhelming.

Thanks

James