Re: [Xen-devel] Spurious Acks (was Re: PVH domU patches....)

On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 10:18 PM, Mukesh Rathor <mukesh.rathor@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Aug 2013 11:21:33 +0100
> Tim Deegan <tim@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> At 14:43 -0700 on 31 Jul (1375281803), Mukesh Rathor wrote:
>> > The latest tree with Tim's acks are at:
>> >
>> >    git clone git://oss.oracle.com/git/mrathor/xen.git .
>> >    git checkout pvh.v10.acked-1
>>
>> This branch has my Reviewed-by: on
>> 1f2087845751569fc55c202ac3265e18c974b0bf (PVH xen: vmcs related
>> changes), which I don't remember giving. Please be careful about that
>> sort of thing.
>>
>> There have been a few instances in the past of patches that went in on
>> someone else's ack that seem to have sprouted mine (not from Mukesh, I
>> should add, and AFAICT through misunderstanding rather than malice).
>> In future I am going to revert such patches when I notice them.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Tim.
>

> Ok, I misunderstood whey you said the code looked OK, I assumed it was
> an implicit ack, as I've seen here in the past. I'll make a note, Tim
> doesn't give implicit acks... :)...
>
> I'll remove your ack.

I'm pretty sure no one gives implicit Acks.  Saying the code looks OK
is just that -- it says the code looks OK, not that the person is OK
with the code going in, and absolutely not everything that
"Reviewed-by" means (which is a lot more than an Ack).

 -George