Re: [Xen-devel] Domain 0 crashed when booting OMAP5 uEVM

On Aug 15, 2013, at 4:34 PM, Andrii Anisov <andrii.anisov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Chen,
>
> It looks you have problem with DMA.
> I've checked your patches. You missed
>
> +static uint32_t omap5_quirks(void)
> +{
> +    return PLATFORM_QUIRK_DOM0_MAPPING_11;
> +}
>
> In your omap5.c.
>
> There is one more specific. OMAP5 has non ARM interconnect (it is L3 from
> Arteris), so physically have no IOMMU at all. In future, when xen will
> support ARM IOMMU, omap5 will stick with hacks.

Aha, so it is! I used to wonder what the PLATFORM_QUIRK_DOM0_MAPPING_11 is used
for, but never think of that in this problem.

Now I could ssh to the dom0 successfully.

Thanks a lot!

Baozi