Re: [Xen-devel] Is it possible to assign two controllers of dq45cb to two guest VMs respectively?

On Sat, Sep 7, 2013 at 3:38 AM, 成会明 <chm.bj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> hi,
>
> dq45cb has two display controllers as below and two display interface DVI-I 和
> DVI-D.
>
> 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 4 Series Chipset
> Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)
> 00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation 4 Series Chipset Integrated
> Graphics Controller (rev 03)
>
> Question 1:
> Is it possible to assign two controller to two guest VMs respectively?

It is certainly possible to do so in Xen.  However, there is no
guarantee that the cards or the drivers will work correctly if you do
so -- that depends entirely on the hardware.  You'll just have to try
it yourself and see if it works. :-)

> Question 2:
> must  VGA compatible controller be used when reboot/startup ? there is no
> option in BIOS bios select 00:02.1 to startup.

Presumably because the BIOS only has a VGA driver, and so can't
control the other one.

 -George