Re: [Xen-devel] Problems when creating domU on OMAP5

Hi Vaibhav,
On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 12:39:54AM +0000, Vaibhav Bedia wrote:
> Hi Chen,

> > > What is your dom0 linux configuration file?
> > > Did you enable at least the following config:
> > > /* For dom0 */
> > > CONFIG_XEN_BLKDEV_BACKEND=y
> > > CONFIG_XEN_NETDEV_BACKEND=y
> > >
> > > /* For the guest */
> > > CONFIG_XEN_BLKDEV_FRONTEND=y
> > > CONFIG_XEN_NETDEV_FRONTEND=y
> >
> > Yes, of course. This is why I think it is weird.
> >

> I have just started looking into getting Xen on the uEVM
> and saw your patches for the hypervisor. Did you make any
> progress in getting domU on OMAP5?

Thanks for writing.

Actually, I'm still trying to figure out what's going wrong to boot domU on
my uEVM. Since I have been distracted by other stuffs, there is little
progress right now.

> If you don't mind, could you share the current dom0 and Xen
> related changes that gets you to this point?

You could use either the upstream kernel or the kernel from TI which is
greater than 3.8 as the dom0 kernel. And OMAP5 patches of Xen hypervisor have
been merged already, except for smp support, I think.

Cheers,

Baozi