Re: [Xen-devel] [Xen-users] ïï Xen VGA Passthrough - GTX 680 successfully ïhard-moded to GRID K2

On Wed, 25 Sep 2013 17:02:59 +0100 (BST), David TECHER <davidtecher@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
I _may_ be wrong here, but doesn't the gfx_passthru=1 get ignored
 >in that case? If it was working, the BIOS level and bootup output
 >should come up on the passthru GPU, should it not? I guess
 >gfx_passthru=1 just disables the emulated Cirrus VGA, but in that
 >case the boot-up animation shouldn't show up on VNC.

So I'm not sure what is going on in this case.

Oh No you're right. I am mistaken (Apologies!). The boot-up animation
doesn't appear on the VNC console.

I tested it an re-checked it on both XP 64 and Win 7 64.

Right. And since you aren't side-loading the GPU BIOS, I would guess
the boot-up animation doesn't appear at all. It runs headless right
up to the point where the GPU driver loads in Windows.

Gordan