Re: [Xen-devel] AMD IOMMU disabled - No Perdev Intremap

Sunday, October 6, 2013, 7:28:03 PM, you wrote:

> On 10/06/2013 04:38 PM, Sander Eikelenboom wrote:
>>
>> Sunday, October 6, 2013, 3:09:54 PM, you wrote:

>> Ah it seems i got the id's mixed up :-)
>>
>> ivrs_ioapic[9]=00:00.1 ivrs_ioapic[10]=00:14.0
>>
>> Should do it i guess .. or should the ioapic handle be in hex ..
>> (then the last should be ivrs_ioapic[a]=00:14.0 )
>>
>> -- Sander
>>

> Booting with this parameters I can see "I/O Virtualisation Enabled"
> but shortly after that, I get a CPU Panic:

> Xen Call Trace:
> amd_iommu_ioapic_update_ire ...
> iommu_update_ire_from_apic ...
> set_ioapic_affinity_irq ...
> smp_cpus_done ...
> __start_xen ...

> Panic on CPU 0:
> Assertion "get_rte_index(rte) == offset" failed at iommu_intr.c:188

Hmm, could you check if you can get a recent linux kernel to boot on baremetal
(so without xen) with the iommu enabled ?
(that would most certainly require one or both of the ivrs_ioapic overrides as
well)

I assumed but don't know for sure, did you previously had successfully used the
iommu with the iommu=no-amd-iommu-perdev-intremap boot option ?
And i understand you upgraded your bios, if the previous answer was yes .. did
you try to revert to your previous bios version ?

Also added Jan and Suravee to the CC.

--
Sander

BTW: please keep everyone that was in the CC listed in replies.