Re: [Xen-devel] AMD IOMMU disabled - No Perdev Intremap

On 10/06/2013 07:45 PM, Sander Eikelenboom wrote:

> Sunday, October 6, 2013, 7:28:03 PM, you wrote:

>>> Ah it seems i got the id's mixed up :-)
>>>
>>> ivrs_ioapic[9]=00:00.1 ivrs_ioapic[10]=00:14.0
>>>
>>> Should do it i guess .. or should the ioapic handle be in hex
>>> .. (then the last should be ivrs_ioapic[a]=00:14.0 )
>>>
>>> -- Sander
>>>

>> Booting with this parameters I can see "I/O Virtualisation
>> Enabled" but shortly after that, I get a CPU Panic:
>
>> Xen Call Trace: amd_iommu_ioapic_update_ire ...
>> iommu_update_ire_from_apic ... set_ioapic_affinity_irq ...
>> smp_cpus_done ... __start_xen ...
>
>> Panic on CPU 0: Assertion "get_rte_index(rte) == offset" failed
>> at iommu_intr.c:188
>

> Hmm, could you check if you can get a recent linux kernel to boot
> on baremetal (so without xen) with the iommu enabled ? (that would
> most certainly require one or both of the ivrs_ioapic overrides as
> well)
>
> I assumed but don't know for sure, did you previously had
> successfully used the iommu with the
> iommu=no-amd-iommu-perdev-intremap boot option ? And i understand
> you upgraded your bios, if the previous answer was yes .. did you
> try to revert to your previous bios version ?
>
> Also added Jan and Suravee to the CC.
>
> -- Sander
>
> BTW: please keep everyone that was in the CC listed in replies.

> list Xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx http://lists.xen.org/xen-devel

What "recent" version? Currently, I'm using 3.10-3, is that ok?

I have used iommu successfully before they added the new checking
stuff, so I can't tell for sure.
I just tried the new xen version because it kept panicking after some
changes half a year ago. Now it's working again but without iommu.
That's why I updated my bios, sadly, without any success.

I'll try booting with Andrews patch now.

kind regards