Re: [Xen-devel] Arndale: domU not booting

Dear Mr. Campbell,

Many thanks for your answer. I recompiled the dom0 kernel with GNTDEV (couldn't find gnttab, were you referring to gntdev?) built into the kernel, and any other XEN driver. Should I also recompile the domU kernel with this option? I also gave execution rights to the "image" (kernel+xendtb) file, just in case. I installed qemu-system and qemu-utils and linked /usr/local/lib/xen/bin/qemu-system-i386 to the path where qemu-system-i386 was actually located. When I boot, I execute:

root@arndale:~/vmTest# /etc/init.d/xencommons start
Starting C xenstored...
Setting domain 0 name...
Starting xenconsoled...
Starting QEMU as disk backend for dom0
Option xen-domid not supported for this target

root@arndale:~/vmTest# /etc/init.d/xendomains start

What I now get when I try to create the VM is:

root@arndale:~/vmTest# xl create -c vmTest.cfg
Parsing config from vmTest.cfg
/etc/xen/scripts/block-common.sh: line 1: JÕï:ïïïÊ/_yï^ïïïïïAï: No such file or directory
/etc/xen/scripts/block-common.sh: line 2: $'\247\206\261p\252\036#t\207\216#\301T\317': command not found
/etc/xen/scripts/block-common.sh: line 3: ïï0ïï: Input/output error
/etc/xen/scripts/block-common.sh: line 4: $'\313\361+K\364\260Z\375\271\314\005\275\366v\276\035\2776\032j\324KsoW\276OJ:': command not found

malloc: ../bash/subst.c:8485: assertion botched
malloc: block on free list clobberedÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
Aborting...libxl: error: libxl_exec.c:129:libxl_report_child_exitstatus: /etc/xen/scripts/block add [3155] died due to fatal signal AbortedÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
libxl: error: libxl_create.c:935:domcreate_launch_dm: unable to add disk devicesÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
libxl: error: libxl_xshelp.c:212:libxl__xs_transaction_start: could not create xenstore transaction: Read-only file systemÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
libxl: error: libxl_device.c:798:libxl__initiate_device_remove: unable to start transactionÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
libxl: error: libxl_xshelp.c:212:libxl__xs_transaction_start: could not create xenstore transaction: Read-only file system
libxl: error: libxl.c:1456:devices_destroy_cb: libxl__devices_destroy failed for 1

After this, the filesystem becomes read-only and I have to reboot the whole board. What can be happening?

Many thanks for your help.

Kind regards,

Josep